Together we collaborate, increase opportunity, promote respect and achieve excellence.
I am immensely proud to be the Headteacher of City Academy Birmingham. I believe in every young person having equality of opportunity to be the best that they can be, irrespective of their background. City Academy Birmingham is a thriving, diverse, and outward-facing inclusive school in the heart of Birmingham. One of the family of schools run by CORE Education Trust, we ensure our CORE values are at the heart of everything we do.
• We work together to harness the power of team work.
• We understand the importance of a close partnership with parents and carers.
• We work hard to develop positive partnerships with local, national, and international organisations to provide our students with enriching opportunities and develop high aspirations.
• Our broad, balanced, and personalised curriculum provides all students the opportunity to achieve high quality qualifications.
• We are proud of the current partnerships the school and CORE Education Trust have developed ensuring our students have access to a wide range of enriching opportunities. Some of our current partners are: Birmingham City Football Club, Tennis Foundation, United Kingdom Holocaust Memorial Foundation, and the Ernest Mason Youth Foundation.
• We aim to utilise the extensive wealth of opportunity within the city through visits to businesses, colleges, and universities to ensure students are fully prepared for life after school whether that be further and higher education or apprenticeships and work.
• We are proud of the rich diversity within our school and local community and celebrate our differences.
• Through understanding each other’s differences we aim to develop tolerance and respect for all.
• Safety and happiness are central to our daily work.
• High standards of behaviour and presentation are the expectation for all students at all times both within and outside of school.
• Excellence in exam results for all are our priority with a continual focus on providing high quality teaching and learning.
• Excellence in education means developing young people holistically. Academic excellence and personal development lie at the heart of what we do.
Getting in touch: Please do not hesitate to contact the school office (0121 647 2760) to enable us to identify the most suitable member of staff to deal with any queries/concerns you may have. Alternatively, you may contact my PA, Natalie Styles, at email@example.com to book an appointment with myself. We aim to respond to all communication within 48 working hours.
I do hope you will visit soon to see the brilliant work of City Academy Birmingham students and staff and support us in our work to help students dream, believe, and achieve!
Miss Karen Slater BA(Hons), PGCE, MEd, NPQH