Art

“I dream my painting and then I paint my dream”

 

Staff

Miss Holder – Head of Art

Mr Herron – Art Teacher

 

KS3 Art & Design

Course Overview

Throughout KS3, students follow a programme of study that builds their confidence, skills, understanding and knowledge within the formal elements of Art. This includes line, tone, colour, texture and composition.  Students will develop their skills through drawing, developing their use of colour, three dimensional works and looking at existing art from a wide range of sources. This gives the students an excellent Art foundation and will enable them to be prepared for KS4.

 

KS4 Art & Design GCSE

Examining Body – AQA

AQA Art Specification link – http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/art-and-design/specifications/AQA-ART-GCSE-SP-2016.PDF

Course Overview

At GCSE students follow the AQA Art and Design course. This qualification enables our students to develop a range of skills in painting, drawing, photography, ceramics and mixed media. The course is made up of two coursework units and a controlled assessment unit, including a 10 hour practical Art exam. The two coursework units are worth 60% of the marks in the final GCSE assessment; the remaining 40% of the grade comes from the exam unit. Students will be introduced to a variety of advanced ways of working, which include a range of artists, techniques and processes. All work will be recorded in sketchbooks, journals and A2 display boards. Students will be able to experiment with both traditional and new technologies. Students will explore relevant images, artefacts and resources relating to a wide range of Art and Design themes. Students are also required to reflect on their own work and the creative journey they will take throughout both portfolios. Critical thinking, understanding and realising intentions in regards of written work will be underpinned throughout both portfolios.

 

Extra-Curricular

Art Club: Wednesday (15:05 – 16:05) – Years 7, 8 & 9.

GCSE Art Intervention: Monday – Thursday (15:05 – 16:05) – Year 11

 

Sponsored by CORE Education Trust
Website by: Design One